Sunday, October 5, 2008

What I learned this week....



....It's NOT my baby! I am feeling a bit like the groom's mother at a wedding. I wait for someone to tell me what to do. I am no longer in charge. I must wait my turn.




Shortly before the birth we bought a camcorder for the kids so as not to miss any of the action. Brian has become quite the videographer. If fighting fires were not his profession, I think he might really enjoy this. He is very steady when filming which is a good thing. I have been known to be "sea-sick" while watching some home videos.




For all of you new parents out there, if you have run out of the hand sanitizer which you used to baptize all of your baby's visitors, avoid the Bradenton store until they have more in stock.




4 comments:

cmgaskill1 said...

Grace is certainly lucky to have the "hippest" grandma around. We love you and look forward to checking in to see grandma's point of view.

Unknown said...

What a great looking baby! If Gpa were still alive, he'd be saying the good looks always skip a generation and then just improve from there.
I know you're going to love this baby beyond imagination. And I know Grace'll be taken with her hip Gma, but for the near term she'll mostly be more focused on whatever hip she can perch upon! Have fun with her. I know she'll be a new photo subject and we'll have lots to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to see the newest family member! Glad you'll update us regularly with thoughts and photos since distance will make us miss so much. Being a grandma is the best reward for the years of parenting!
Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

This is going to be fun to follow!