Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Love at first sight...






Today, Sarah and I had more face time with Grace. I am so very proud of her parents and the way they are working together to care for her. As a grandmother in 2008 and the family photographer, one of my jobs is handling technology...uploading and sharing photos online, managing videos and writing this blog, photos sent from my cell phone. None of this was even in the vocabulary of my mother and mother-in-law when my daughters were born. These moms arrived from the mid-west to help cook, do laundry and diapering. I could not have gotten through those first weeks without them.

But I have to say that technology aside, one thing hasn't changed. This thing is the love at first sight that fills your heart everytime she looks at you and the way she responds to the sound of my voice, my silly songs and the sway of my hips to calm her when she is in my arms.

I hope you will continue to follow me in this amazing journey.

1 comment:

cmgaskill1 said...

Yesterday was so much fun...I loved your impromptu baby songs and obviously so did Grace. She was mesmerized by her gma! Love ya